Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: No more Michael Scott...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    How many seasons of the original Office was there?

    YouTube - BBC - The Office - Handicap Tests

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    14 episodes over 3 seasons (actually 2 seasons and 2 episodes the next year). The episodes were longer too. They're about 40-45 minutes. I have them all and they're very good. Some things are much better than the US version.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    Replacing Helms would be much easier than Carrell. As long as Kevin doesn't leave....
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    14 episodes over 3 seasons (actually 2 seasons and 2 episodes the next year). The episodes were longer too. They're about 40-45 minutes. I have them all and they're very good. Some things are much better than the US version.

    Didnt Adult Swim show them a few months back?

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    Yep they were on Friday nights if I am not mistaken.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    I'm not sure if they played them all or not, but I did see a few of them on.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #17
    Inactive Member royalflush's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2007
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    I read a rumor that Ted Danson would be the new regional manager. That might not be bad if he was a gruff/miserable person like he was on the show Becker (very underrated show)

    Gervais would be great as well.

    I think they will keep it going after Carell leaves for at least ar year or two. Wonder how they will write out the Michael Scott character?

  8. #18
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    Looks like Dwight might be it.

    (EW.com) -- Rainn Wilson failed to snag an Emmy nomination for "The Office" Thursday, but he still has reason to pop open the champagne today: The actor has emerged as the odds-on favorite to succeed the departing Steve Carell as boss.

    "I'd love to see Rainn Wilson in that position," says coexecutive producer/costar Mindy Kaling, who snagged a much-deserved Emmy nomination for co-writing last season's four-star Jim/Pam wedding episode. "Dwight has become so nuanced -- you actually care about him now. I think if [we did a good job laying the groundwork] this coming season, he would be a fantastic boss.

    "But that's my dream," she adds. "It certainly hasn't been approved by people that are more powerful than me and who make those kinds of decisions."

    Kaling says she's always been a "promote from within" kind of gal as opposed to "trying to throw in an element of the show that people don't know. It's like the stand-up [expression]: The audience doesn't want someone whose hand they haven't sniffed."

    Of course, in Kaling's perfect world Carell wouldn't be going anywhere. (Carell recently confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that he'll be moving on when his contract expires at the end of next season.) "We're still infatuated with Steve and love him so much that we're hoping for some 11th hour like, 'I really do like this schedule and I like craft services here, so I don't want to go.' But I'm going to take him at face value and [assume] he's not being coy and that he really wants to [leave]."

    Regarding her Emmy nod for co-writing the nuptial-themed "Niagara" (with EP Greg Daniels), Kaling says the recognition is especially sweet because "so many people were invested in that moment being done right." She reveals that one of the episode's funniest bits ended up getting cut because it took the focus away from Jim and Pam's big day. "There was a very long extended Monty Python-type scene at the reception desk of the hotel that Greg and I wrote, but it never made the episode because it had nothing to do with story. It centered around this curmudgeonly innkeeper and we were like, 'America doesn't want to see this. America wants to see Jim and Pam making the right decision.' So that got cut."

    'Office' producer wants Dwight to succeed Michael as boss - CNN.com

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    That's what happened on the Brittish show. Garreth (Dwight) became the new boss instead of Tim (Jim).
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #20
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    I think it is better for NBC to end it all when Steve leaves the show. End it on a high note instead of dragging it to the basement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •